This five-evening power skating camp covers fundamentals including shooting, stick handling and passing. On the last day we review all skating techniques and puck skills as a group and finish the week with a controlled scrimmage.
Each 75-minute session starts with your child working on crossovers, step-overs and c-cuts. Then we break into three groups based on ability so your child learns among peers. This helps build confidence when learning a new technique. At end of the session we come back together and work on balance and agility.
Location: Oceanside Place, Parksville
Time: 6:30 to 7:45 p.m.
Power Skating Camp (10-13) Itinerary
- Quick starts and stops
- Long strides
- Balance and agility
- Forward and backward c-cuts
- Backward crossovers
- Review Day 1 power skating
- Backward skating
- Edge control
- Review Day 2 power skating
- Wrist shots, snap shots, backhands
- Forward and backward crossovers
- Review Day 3 power skating
- Review all skating techniques
- Review puck skills
- Scrimmage (small area)